Are you ready to lead a highly motivated team working on key technology projects for a large organization? The Data Engineering division at GEICO is seeking a highly motivated engineering leader to join as a Senior Manager, Engineering to drive the technological strategy, architecture, technical direction, development and implementation of our modern data platforms, tooling, and services to make GEICO a data-driven technology company. You will be playing a critical role shaping the data landscape of GEICO. You will need to focus not only on functional requirements but also non-functional requirements to ensure high availability and performance of our production systems. You and your team also need to ensure observability and supportability as part of non-negotiable properties of any systems you build.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 6 years
- Work with Business, Product and Tech leaders to ensure strategic business and tech alignment, drive enterprise solution and application architecture patterns and practices, and build target state solutions
- Lead people, products, and process and be a thought leader to innovate how we transform into a data driven organization
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and strong planning skills to establish long term roadmap and milestones
- Able to work independently while functioning as part of a cohesive cross-functional management team
- Empower team by fostering a culture that allows critical thinking and open communication
- Work with stakeholders to establish and meet data quality requirements, SLAs and SLOs for data ingestion
- Possess effective decision-making skills demonstrated using sound judgement along with tactful communication
- Coach, develop, and manage associates and supervisors, including establishing goals and evaluating performance
- Be able to craft, communicate, and execute a vision and mission for a team
- Adheres to GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies, and operating principles
- 6+ years of experience designing, building, optimizing and scaling data solutions using distributed computing
- 4+ years of leadership experience leading, coaching, and developing teams and associates in data engineering or similar role
- 4+ years of experience in Agile frameworks and methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering and modern warehousing technologies such as Snowflake
- Experience in Azure Ecosystem (Azure Data lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Storage, CosmosDB, ADO)
- Knowledge of Data Ingestion / streaming tooling such as Kafka, Spark or similar technologies
- Experience working with data engineering languages such as Python or Scala
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.