Regional Social Behavior Change and GESI Coordinator
Product & Project Management
Our client is seeking candidates for the role of a Regional Social Behavioral Change (SBC) and Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Coordinator for the SAGES project in the Upper West Region. The Regional SBC and GESI Coordinator provides technical and operational support for developing a systematic, planned and evidence-based strategy and process for S&BC; and GESI as an integral part of programme planning and implementation. This subsequently contributes to the achievement of sustainable and concrete results in improving quality and outcomes in the education sector.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Provide linkages with regional structures and capacity building and support the organization and community level officers.
- Oversee behavior change/demand creation activities related to expanding key behaviors at home and school within the project catchment area.
- Support the frontline workers while ensuring adequate stakeholder consultation and participation at all stages of the project implementation.
- Support the utilization of Better Well-Being SBC Kit and organize different annual events throughout the year.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of SBC activities to ensure adherence to the standards.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure effective communication, coordination, and collaboration.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners at USAID, CARE etc
- Conduct and/or facilitate training sessions and workshops on SBC for relevant stakeholders.
- Collect and analyze data on SBC activities and prepare regular reports to share with the regional team and other stakeholders.
- At least 5 years direct SBC/GESI experience, including specific knowledge and experience in the education sector.
- Experience in conducting SBC and GESI analysis/assessments and development of gender-sensitive or responsive projects.
- Familiarity with and demonstrable experience of environmental and social safeguards frameworks (especially gender-related requirements) of major donor and development agencies would be desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding and analysis of contemporary social behavioral change and gender issues in the upper west Region of Ghana.
- A degree in gender studies, sociology, anthropology, international development, or related fields
- Master’s degree in Gender studies will be an advantage.
- Good report writing skills and ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Takes a data-driven approach to decision
- Highly developed interpersonal skills complemented by strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong coordination and team playing skills.
- Competent information technology skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others; Excellent Stakeholder engagement and management
- Ability to build an effective team
- Proactive in problem solving, detail oriented, initiating actions and making operational decisions
- Ability to prioritize workload whilst maintaining a high standard of work
- Ability to manage partnerships and relationships with peer organizations
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via ATS with “Regional Social Behavior Change and GESI Coordinator” in the subject line.
Submission deadline is Sunday, 14 May 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
We operate a zero tolerance for fraud and corruption. We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.