Regional Project Manager
Product & Project Management
Our client is seeking candidates for the role of Regional Project Manager for the SAGES project in the Upper West Region. The Regional Project Manager reports to the Executive Director and will have responsibility for all activities pertaining to the project management and implementation, including planning, management, monitoring, supervision of all project related activities. The role holder will maintain regular contact on a working level on routine issues with CARE Ghana management other stakeholders and government partners in the area to facilitate the operations.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Provide strategic direction for the project
- Lead, manage and coordinate day-to-day planning, implementation, and management of project activities according to the project document and project log frame.
- Develop and implement project plans with project staff, partners and stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
- Ensure monitoring system and tools developed are used by project staff to track project progress, and capture learning.
- Ensure project compliance with all legal and donor requirements.
- Provide regular reporting to the Executive Director as per guidelines including preparation and consolidation of project monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Monitor project expenditure against budget, and prepare and submit required project progress and financial reports on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within and outside the organization including with the Education Ministry, and with project partners, NGOs, local organizations, private organizations, community leaders and relevant networks working in the district and including those working within the wider education sector.
- Ensure that the donor guidelines are adhered to particularly regarding grant acknowledgement and reporting.
- Work closely with the MEAL Coordinator to capitalize on technical experiences of the project.
- Provide leadership, coordination and guidance on all matters pertaining to the smooth implementation of the Project,
- At least 3 -5 years’ experience at a similar level managing Education related projects.
- Experience in managing projects from donors such as USAID, EU, DFID, GIZ , etc.
- Experience in supervisory role
- Previous experience working with an NGO or a Development organization.
- Experience in building an effective team
- Good knowledge of Project and Budget management
- A high level of understanding of project cycle management approaches, project appraisal, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Good knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, Development, Social Science or related disciplines
- Master’s degree is preferred but not essential
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
- Proven strong facilitation and capacity development skills and experience in participatory approach
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good spoken English, interpersonal and excellent writing skills
- Proven ability to motivate, provide technical support and guidance to a diverse team of staff and partners.
- Skills in training/facilitation of development processes, including mobilization of communities and networking among different development partners such as community-based organizations and government officers.
- High level of integrity and high standards of personal conduct. A strong team player
- Proficiency in computer packages especially with MS Word, outlook and Excel and other related packages
- Excellent communication, team leading and presentation skills.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via ATS with “Regional Project Manager” in the subject line.
Submission deadline is Sunday, 14 May 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
We operate a zero tolerance for fraud and corruption. We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.