Product & Project Management
PMing at Metabase can be different than elsewhere, as we prioritize product craftsmanship and deep understanding of problems over moving metrics at all costs. It rewards intellectual curiosity, customer empathy and systematic thinking and doesn’t emphasize strict metric optimization or a ship-ship-ship attitude. We ship, but we do it well.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Develop deep knowledge and empathy for users needs in the areas they tackle. This involves reviewing existing issues, tickets, docs, engaging in lots of interviews and evaluating quantitative data.
- Understand the underlying mechanics of the product at a technical level. They don’t need to read/write code, but need to have the curiosity and ability to over time understand how things work and develop instincts for what’s easy/hard.
- Develop strategies for solving clusters of users needs in thoughtful ways, ultimately delivering product docs which frame needs in actionable ways for designers and engineers. This is really important.
- Steward projects forward, helping keep focus, momentum, and continuously re-evaluating scope, with flexibility and appreciation for technical constraints and UX considerations .
- Follow-up on the outcomes of projects they ship, quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team, consistently seeking and providing feedback, as well as pitching ideas for how to advance the product.
- Responsibilities don’t include: managing people, herding cats, writing code, making mocks.
- A thorough thinker, able to be both diligent with details but systematic to see the big picture.
- Appreciative of clean but powerful user experiences (and the hard work their require).
- Able to keep a vision in mind, but break the path to it into small, doable, valuable steps.
- Excited to work asynchronously in a global team, and with the written communication chops to do it effectively..
- More interested in the Product than the Management part of Product Management.
- While our team is globally distributed, this role involves enough synchronous interactions with team members in the US that we don't accept applicants farther east than UTC+3. This restriction doesn't necessarily apply to other roles at Metabase.
Skills and experience
- Must come from a technical background. Preference is from data analysis or data engineering, but software engineering with experience with databases also counts. PMing these things for a long while can also work.
- Some years of experience in a product management role, making software, having been through a few cycles of discovery, execution and iteration. We’re not yet set up to simultaneously train a junior PM and onboard them to the complexities of Metabase.
- Driven and able to help others continuously deliver work through influence, not authority.
- Skills you don't need: up-to-date coding skills, customer management, cloud infra knowledge, horse whispering.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.