- Provide good quality Pharmaceutical care to Patients/Clients in the pharmacy within agreed policies and standards.
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for dispensing prescriptions are scrupulously followed.
- Collaborate with members of the pharmaceutical support team to ensure that the treatment and management of simple ailments of common occurrence in the pharmacy comply with the Standard Treatment
- Guidelines, Essential Medicines List, approved treatment protocols, and existing laws and policies.
- Provide enhanced pharmaceutical services such as RDT (malaria, blood glucose, blood cholesterol, urine pregnancy test, etc.), BP monitoring etc.
- Provide clients with relevant drug information to enhance optimum therapeutic outcomes including the selection and appropriate use of over-the-counter medicines.
- Monitor adverse medicines reactions and report to the Food and Drugs Authority.
- Monitor and control narcotic and psychotropic substances in accordance with law and keep the Dangerous Drugs Register (DDR) updated at all times.
- Initiate and participate in the drug procurement process in the pharmacy.
- Handle and store medicines including vaccines and sera safely and securely in the pharmacy according to existing guidelines.
- Monitor stock levels and expiry dates of medicines on regular basis to ensure that medicines do not expire on the shelves; and if they do they are disposed off in accordance with established procedures and are not dispensed to clients.
- Actively participate in the recruitment process of pharmacy personnel.
- Facilitate in-service training programmes for pharmaceutical support staff.
- Closely supervise the activities of pharmaceutical support staff in the pharmacy.
- Create and maintain effective communication with management and pharmaceutical support staff in the pharmacy.
- Ensure that pharmacy interns are trained adequately as and when required.
- Take an active role in the management of complaints, grievances and compliance to ethics of the profession in the pharmacy.
- Ensure that good quality, safe, efficacious and affordable pharmaceutical products and devices are supplied to patients/clients.
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure the efficient collection, storage, processing and utilization of data in the pharmacy to inform management and pharmaceutical care decisions.
- Undertake operational research in pharmaceutical care to improve practice.
- Contribute actively to the implementation of pharmaceutical policies and other health-related policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that emergency treatment/ management protocols are available and posted at the pharmacy for the purpose of easy reference.
- Ensure the maintenance of a tidy and serene environment at the pharmacy at all times.
- Participate actively in the management of recruitment, selection and induction of members of the pharmaceutical support staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A degree in Metallurgical/Chemical/Minerals Engineering or a related field.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Licensed by the pharmacy council of Ghana to practice as a pharmacist;
- Fluent in spoken English and Local Ghanaian languages spoken in and around Mankessim;
- Previous experience as a Pharmacist in another pharmacy;
- Excellent customer relations skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- General Computer skills especially in pharmacy data capture, processing, and analysis Attention to details.
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021 at 17:00hrs GMT
Women are especially encouraged to apply