Manager, Energy and Industrial Projects
Product & Project Management
As the leading standard for greenhouse gas emission reduction and removal projects, Verra is seeking a Manager, Energy and Industrial Projects who, as one of several managers, will lead a team focused on technical and operational excellence. Specifically, the Manager will oversee a team handling project registration and verification requests, coordinating closely with validation/verification bodies, and ensuring the integrity of all energy and industrial projects.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:7 years
A day with Verra’s Program Management Team might include:
- Providing guidance and technical support to team members reviewing energy and industrial project registration and verification requests.
- Conducting the second (peer) review of a project request.
- Assessing a recommendation from a team member to approve a project request.
- Making a recommendation about action to take in respect of a validation/verification body (VVB) that has been performing poorly.
- Attending a VVB on-site assessment at a project location, to assess the VVB’s performance and make recommendations for improvement.
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading:
- Managing a team of colleagues and contractors that ensures the integrity and quality of projects registered in the VCS Program.
- Assessing project reviews conducted by colleagues and approving or rejecting the associated project registration and verification requests.
- Supporting professional development and promotion within your team, ensuring that the team continues to develop its skills and experience.
- Supporting ongoing efforts to track VVB performance and improve the quality of their audits.
- Serving as an energy and industrial subject-matter expert to the team, and Verra more broadly.
- Representing Verra at relevant industry conferences, workshops, and events.
You bring with you:
- A degree, preferably a master’s, in engineering, technology, environmental science or a related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience, including at least five years in the development, implementation or assessment of energy and industrial projects or related standards programs (e.g,. project developer, auditor, consultancy, standards organization).
- Expertise in GHG accounting and methodologies for energy and industrial projects.
- People management and organizational skills, including prioritizing and working efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Culturally aware with the ability to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- Self-starter with the ability to excel in a professional environment with limited supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in other languages would be an additional asset.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Working at the cutting edge of programs designed to drive finance towards high-impact energy and industrial activities that tackle some of the most pressing environmental issues of our day.
- Working on challenges and opportunities faced by practitioners of activities aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving livelihoods.
- Finding effective ways to ensure the quality of projects and credits under Verra programs.
You will know you are successful, if:
- Energy and industrial project reviews are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Your team thrives under your leadership.
- You are seen as a leader, a go-to resource by your peers, and a reliable and capable team member by your manager.
- You build on your appreciation and respect for the challenges and opportunities faced by users of Verra’s programs and are able to ensure the quality of projects certified under Verra programs effectively.
- Your supervisees, other internal Verra staff and Verra stakeholders consistently express positive feedback regarding your ability to collaborate to find workable solutions to challenges they face.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.