Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To establish, implement and be responsible for the Terminal Operating Systems of a start-up Operation in the Ports and Logistics sector.
- Be responsible for all unclassified servers, workstations, printers, scanners, stand-alone computers, diagnostic equipment, software and other associated peripherals at post, including a responsibility for the operations and activities of the Local Area Network and its Wide Area Network connectivity.
- Responsible for basic systems hardware analysis and design, including installation and troubleshooting techniques of Windows 10, MS Office Suite of Applications, Windows 10 Registries, Windows 10 Security functions, remote access control, firewall devices/applications and terminal operation systems.
- He/she will provide direct technical and training support in all areas of terminal operation system, data processing, word processing, spreadsheet, cybersecurity and database programming, and communications services for all departments/employees at post.
- To formulate and implement strategic policies and ensure that IT initiatives are prioritized and aligned with business strategies.
- To establish and manage alliances with other departments and external organizations to build partnership for IT initiatives.
- Ensuring that IT systems are efficiently utilized to support operations, and that the systems and processes can respond to future business or technology requirements in an efficient manner.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.
- Recruiting and managing information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems.
Ensuring safety, health and environmental standards are met throughout the operation by supporting in the design of mitigation factors and ensuring that all accidents/injuries are investigated thoroughly and reviewed with the management team.
- Liaise with training department on IT group’s training needs and facilitates the capacity building and training of IT staff.
Coordinating and supporting other department to ensure smooth operations by:
- Setting goals and objectives for the Terminal.
- Guiding subordinates in resolving obstacles so that goals can be met.
- Analyzing performance statistics and trends to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensuring good communications between Maintenance and Operations to minimize equipment downtime of system and applications.
- Ensuring good communications throughout workgroup and their group interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related major course from an accredited University.
- A second degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related qualification in IT will be an advantage
- Over 8 years practical working experience in areas including IT infrastructure (networking), MIS support (ERP), Cybersecurity etc.
- Should have had over 8 years’ experience in leading and managing an IT Team; hands-on experience in installation, configuration, and programming (if necessary) of network applications and all aspects of systems analysis and design within the Ports/Logistics industry.
- A professional certification, such as offered by Microsoft, Comptia and Cisco; (A+ certification, N+, S+, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and others) are desirable.
- Knowledge of use and function of Internet systems and protocols required. Must have a good working knowledge of routers, switches, 802.11b/g/n, VoIP, and architecture
- Over 5 years’ experience of using and managing a Terminal Operating Systems will be an advantage
- Strong Maritime operations and/or logistics experience will be preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities, and ability to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract and analyse data.
- Exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of overall decisions in the company.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.