Ghana Governance Specialist
Product & Project Management
The Governance Specialist is responsible for leading the WASH-FIN 2 Ghana governance activity. The Governance Specialist will lead engagements with the national and sub-national governments in order to maintain and foster dialogue on sector issues and furtherance of the governance agenda. The Specialist will lead and coordinate implementation of activities geared to improvement of enabling environment for the water and sanitation service providers and opening up more space by addressing hurdles within the sector. The Governance Specialist, under the guidance of WASH-FIN 2 Governance Lead Advisor and Global Governance Specialist, will coordinate formulation of policies and frameworks aimed at strengthening governance for the sector as well as provide technical support in capacity building WSS providers. The Governance Specialist is a full-time position with an expected duration through March 2027.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Lead the WASH FIN 2 program engagements with national and sub-national departments that have oversight in the water and sanitation sector as well as other sector institutions to address governance challenges.
- Support enabling environment assessment (EEA) and strengthening work, including the preparation of an enabling environment assessment.
- Lead WASH-FIN 2 activities in supporting, defining and rolling out a framework for water service supply in small towns and effective engagement of the private sector in enhancement and management of non sewered sanitation services.
- Support the selection of a group of sanitation service providers whose managerial and technical capacity will be strengthened under WASH-FIN 2.
- Lead WASH-FIN 2 engagement with Think Tanks and civil society organizations in undertaking activities related to improving accountability and customer voice in the WASH sector in Ghana.
- Work with Global WASH-FIN Governance Specialist in coordinating implementation of key studies.
- Lead WASH-FIN 2 support to the Public Utility Regulatory Commission (PURC) including facilitating engagement with ESAWAS, designing and implementing capacity building activities and establishing systems for improved consumer engagement.
- Undertake activities related to improvement of consumer voice in the small towns that will be supported by WASH-FIN 2 under objective 2 and 3 of the WASH-FIN 2 activity.
- Work with Global Knowledge Management Lead and Global Governance Specialist to develop content and advance learnings on governance based on the WASH-FIN 2 activity experience.
- Coordinate preparation and organize learning and dialogue forums and meetings among key stakeholder groups in the sector.
- University degree (master’s degree strongly preferred) in Political Science, Public Policy/Administration, Finance, Urban Planning, or other similar degree.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of work experience required.
- At least five years’ experience working in a dynamic environment in national policy formulation and/or regulation in the water/sanitation sector preferably, or within other civil infrastructure sectors such as energy or transportation, with at least one year within water/sanitation required.
- Excellent understanding of the legal and institutional framework of the water and sanitation sector in Ghana, as well as of recent regulatory developments is required.
- Excellent command of English language is required.
- Proven research and technical writing skills are required.
- Knowledge of the management of USAID-funded or other donor-funded projects highly preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/GovSpecGhanaWASHFIN2
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The application deadline is Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.