You'll be joining 100+ engineers across Frontend, Backend, SRE, Data and QA. We're organised into cross-functional development teams assigned to specific verticals. Your team will be working on building tools, APIs and integrations for our platform. Our backend is built with Elixir and Phoenix, with a Postgres database. We use Typescript, React and Nextjs for our front-end. Gitlab is used as version control tool and CI/CD solution. Our applications are hosted on AWS. We fully rely on our CI for deployments and deploy multiple times per day. As Engineering Team Leader at Remote we expect you to spend around 50% of your time hands on coding, and 50% leading the team.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
What this job can offer you
- Leading a distributed team of backend and frontend engineers. You can trust them to take ownership of their daily tasks and challenges as you work closely with the Product Manager and stakeholders on the product roadmap and defining the problems to solve.
- Complex and meaningful challenges — solving them will enable people and businesses to live and operate in any country of the world.
- Opportunity to have a significant impact on the business — we are still very early in our journey as a company, and each change you make today is amplified by the company's growth.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work and life — you are not bound to daily standups or other ceremonies. We expect you to have regular 1:1s with your team members, but you can organize them around your schedule.
- A supportive and kind work environment where you can grow and challenge yourself to do your best work.
- Pragmatic and product-focused Engineering culture — read more about our practices and work ethic.
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, a generous learning budget, and a set of other perks and benefits.
What you bring
- Experience leading a team of 2+ engineers for at least 1 year
- Good understanding of team dynamics, coaching, and mentoring
- Significant experience as a Frontend or Backend Engineer, which includes building, shipping and maintaining a complex software project
- Solid knowledge and experience in Elixir and Postgres (or similar technologies)
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity, working together with stakeholders on taking abstract concepts and turning them into working software
- Strong ability to work independently and self-guided
- Great communication and project management skills
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.