DIGITAL FORENSICS EXAMINER
Virtual Infosec Africa
Software & Data
This role analyzes digital evidence and investigates computer security incidents to derive useful information in support of system/network vulnerability mitigation. This role requires sufficient technical skills to understand and address data issues, identify potential challenges, and resolve challenges quickly. This role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Conduct analysis of log files, evidence, and other information to determine best methods for identifying the perpetrator(s) of a network intrusion.
- Confirm what is known about an intrusion and discover new information, if possible, after identifying intrusion via dynamic analysis.
- Provide technical summary of findings in accordance with established reporting procedures.
- Examine recovered data for information of relevance to the issue at hand.
- Perform file signature analysis.
- Perform file system forensic analysis.
- Collect and analyze intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and system configuration) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential cyber defense incidents within the enterprise.
- Computer Forensics
- Incident Response
- Computer Network Defense
- Knowledge of investigative implications of hardware, Operating Systems, and network technologies.
- Knowledge of data carving tools and techniques (e.g., Foremost).
- Knowledge of anti-forensics tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of concepts and practices of processing digital forensic data.
- Skill in preserving evidence integrity according to standard operating procedures or national standards.
- Skill in using forensic tool suites (e.g., EnCase, Sleuthkit, FTK).
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, IT, Digital Forensics, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience or relevant education.
- Technical knowledge of hardware and software.
- Solid system administration and infrastructure experience.
- Understanding of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
- Fluency in working with at least one or more of the following software tools: Encase, Axiom, X-Ways, FTK, IEF.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an advisory or external consulting capacity
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Apple OS structure and artifacts.
- Strong understanding of File Systems including FAT, FAT32, NTFS, HFS, HFS+.
- Strong understanding of mobile device preservation and related analysis for Android, Apple and Blackberry devices.
- Experience with Cellebrite, Oxygen or other mobile device preservation and analysis software.
- Experience with the following software is highly desirable: Nuix, Relavity, EDT, SQL, Oracle, SAS.
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to clearly and articulately identify and define problems and develop creative solutions to address client needs.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to develop detailed technical reports and executive summaries.
- A proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Comfort with receiving and providing feedback.
- Proven relationship development and management skills with demonstrated ability to interact, establish credibility and engender trust with a wide range of professionals across all levels.
- You will be required to undergo a criminal record check and obtain a Secret level Government of Ghana security clearance.
- The ability to travel on short notice for 1-7 days may be required when a return to the workplace and travel is possible. Working knowledge of the following tools (but not limited to):
- Forensic tools (EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite, X-Ways, Forensic Explorer)
- eDiscovery tools (Relativity, Nuix, Clearwell, dtSearch, iPro)
- Database administration and Languages (MS-SQL, Oracle, T-SQL, PL-SQL)
- Network Packet Capturing(wired and wireless) and Analysis Tools (Wireshark, Edectective, or its equivalent)
NOTE: Applicants should indicate the title of the role in the subject line of the email.
Interested applicants who meet the criteria above should send their CV’s and application to email@example.com
DEADLINE: 5TH JUNE, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.