- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support and willing to work for long hours
Requirements and Skills
- Strong command of mySQL, Oracle database management systems is highly required
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Strong command in Linux systems
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Experience with cloud services
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Professional certification in Database Administration
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Should have experience working within the banking sector