You would be responsible for sweeping, mopping and dusting the rooms, ironing and laundering towels, bedsheets, pillowcases etc, emptying trash, cleaning windows, bed making, keeping the rooms mosquito and pest free whenever a guest leaves in preparation for the next guest. You would also have to show guests to their rooms when they check in - between the hours of 6am - 10pm. On occasion, it can be a little later.
The ideal candidate should have a comforting and patient personality because you would be dealing with various guests during your work week. Great communication is another required skill when dealing with guests and the managers of the property. Finally, the candidate would need to have flexible time schedules, as they may be required to work irregular hours. You would be residing on the property with a co-worker, so trust and communication is key.
Work hours are relatively short - most of the work for the day is done when preparing the rooms for the next guest. We would have 7 apartments with 8 bedrooms in total. To ensure success you need to prioritize tasks and take pride in your work. Top candidates will be energetic, honest and be ready to help out guests when needed.
- Sweeping, mopping and dusting
- Changing sheets, doing laundry, ironing
- Disposing of trash and emptying trash receptacles
- Performing of minor repairs
- Keeping buildings free from indoor pests
- Ensuring necessary equipment and lights are switched off, and premises are locked after hours
- Turning the generator on and off during power outages
- Keeping track of items that need to be changed, fixed or replaced and alerting management in a timely manner
- SHS Diploma or suitable equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Hardworking, honest and thorough
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Accommodation on location with all utilities paid for candidates will be arranged
- No family or friends allowed to reside on the property