VP of Engineering
Engineering & Technology
Hofy is redefining the way organisations oversee their remote and hybrid workplaces. Our easy-to-use platform is central to that and we are looking for a VP of Engineering with a vision to create our tech strategy and roadmap. We have a small but mighty team of engineers and we will be looking to expand that with you.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Work with the team to enable execution, and remove blockers. This will include implementing processes and managing resource allocation (aka managing the balance of scope/schedule/resources).
- Drive hiring, motivation, growth with everyone in your team. Understand motivations, strengths, and growth opportunities and how we can develop each team member.
- Cultivate a great culture where team members can do their best work. Promote transparency at all levels, ownership, feedback, and accountability, high I/O, learning and teaching, good decision making, and a push for very high standards
- Ensure the team continuously improves. Establish goals and KPIs for the team and/or technical scope, set up processes to ensure we continually track and learn, and drive priorities to improve be it via root cause analyses, post-mortems/retrospectives, and other processes.
- Develop a quality playbook for the Engineering team, including standards for pull requests, code reviews, testing, and monitoring.
- Software engineering background with at least 10 years' experience building software products and scaling teams from 15-20 to closer to 100.
- Sense of accountability and responsibility and ability to prioritize. Keen eye for problems and inefficiencies, with the ability to find elegant solutions before they become major issues.
- High I/O, emotionally mature, and humble. A good, deep listener. Willingness to share information proactively and effectively, and cares about being effective over being right. Accepts feedback willingly, and open to seeking opposing points of view.
- An open-minded learner, keen on learning new things, staying up-to-date with new technologies, tools, and techniques. Inspired by what's possible, and what people inside and outside the company know, as well as eager to incorporate the best. Openness to experimenting, challenging status quo, and taking appropriate risks.
- A systems thinker: thinks end-to-end about how designs and changes affect the overall service, architecture, codebase, and users, and how it will evolve in the future.
- Understands and drives techniques for leading projects and improving productivity, raising the visibility of the team’s work within the organization.
- Empathetic and happy when helping others succeed. Drives and facilitate clarity when there's ambiguity in what's needed.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.