Pachama is looking for a Technical Carbon Operations Lead to help develop new forest carbon projects. In this role you’ll be responsible, alongside our Origination Operations team, for the technical design and development of new projects. You would help to design projects to meet specific methodology requirements, support collection and management of a wide variety of project data, conduct analyses to quantify true carbon benefits, and contribute to project documents and verifications.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Support project sourcing activities, including conducting eligibility, additionality and financial feasibility assessments.
- Work with internal teams and external partners to execute a range of quantitative and spatial analyses necessary at each phase of carbon project development, including developing project boundaries, conducting site suitability and eligibility assessments, and quantifying true carbon benefits.
- Generate, collect and manage a wide variety of project data, including field biomass inventories, carbon quantification parameters, eligibility criteria and different types of remote sensing/spatial data.
- Product written technical reports to assist in project development and internal project evaluation, and contribute to Project Description Documents and Monitoring Reports.
- Work directly with partners and contractors to ensure that data collection and project quantification procedures align with registry requirements, and participate in project validation and verification activities.
- Conduct technical evaluation of data and reports received from project partners or other third parties.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to provide insights and contribute to the development of tools, products and procedures for Pachama to scale to hundreds of Originals projects.
- University degree or equivalent experience in forestry, forestry engineering, environmental science or other related fields
- Experience developing forest carbon projects, preferably under Verra for conservation and reforestation projects
- Experience with field data collection and applying tree growth models and allometric equations
- Strong quantitative and spatial analysis skills, including experience with GEE, QGIS, ArcGIS, or similar tools
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, ambiguous, team environment
- Resourcefulness and tenacity with a strong sense of curiosity and passion for learning
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.