You will be responsible for developing cross-platform libraries and server software in Rust. Our software is secure by design, professionally audited, and suitable for high stakes applications. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to emerging global technology standards for digital identity. While we don't require you to have Rust experience to apply for this job, you should demonstrate a strong aptitude for statically typed languages, memory management, and secure programming practices.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Contribute to new and existing Rust codebases, with a focus on high code quality (e.g., tasteful use of traits, code/memory footprint reduction, minimizing dependency trees, refactoring between enums/structs, using macros to reduce copy-paste errors, etc.).
- Utilize best practices for unit tests, integration tests, benchmarking, documentation, version control hygiene, and open source release cycle management.
- Implement low-level systems code that is cross-compiled and performantly ran across platforms, including backend servers, mobile devices, and in the browser through WASM.
- With support and review from cryptographers, use cryptographic APIs to implement digital signatures, message authentication, encryption/decryption, data structures, and zero-knowledge proof protocols for production applications. For this role, you are not expected to know the math, but you will be responsible for correct low-level implementations, "blocking and tackling" such as zeroing memory, preventing timing attacks, writing test vectors, and configuring fuzzers.
- Interface directly with security auditing firms who have experience evaluating implementations that rely on applied cryptography.
- Excellent written communications skills (necessary for remote work).
- Experience writing widely-distributed backend software in statically-typed languages.
- Aptitude for computer security, correct use of cryptography, and user data privacy.
- Proficiency in backend web frameworks, API design, databases, and scalability.
- Experience setting up or configuring CI/CD pipelines based on containers and cloud services.
- Comfortable with rapid directional changes of focus in a startup environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.