The Khana Group (TKG) is a leading social impact research and consulting firm; TKG is the African-owned consulting firm that pairs West African and global development practices; and with experience in over 20 African countries. With offices in Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia and the United States; TKG works with non-profit and government clients across Africa, as well as American and European commercial clients.
TKG is seeking a Social Media Manager (preferably based in Accra, Ghana) to support TKG’s global social media and marketing efforts. We are looking for someone with creative writing and communication skills, experience with SM market trends, to manage the organization's online presence by developing a strategy, producing good content for internal and external communication, social media analytics, and managing projects, events and campaigns. The Social Media Manager will work with the HR and Leadership team to curate materials to promote the organization’s brand and meet set milestones.
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies on a quarterly/annual basis;
- Set targets and recommend improvements to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter; adapting content to suit different channels and ensuring brand consistency
- Monitor SEO, track, analyze and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights; submit monthly social media analytics to the Leadership team and create avenues for presentation to all staff
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools such as Hootsuite and Asana
- Create engaging multimedia content across multiple platforms for internal and external communications (this includes newsletters, general information for internal staff, posters and captions for international campaigns etc.); for projects, events and general campaigns
- Develop, launch and manage new competitions and campaigns that promote the organization and brand; analyze competitor activity and undertake audience research
- Define the most important social media KPI and measure the success of every social media campaign
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms in the same sector
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions within the sector.
- Research and evaluate the latest benchmark trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within your company (in-house roles); support the building of personal social media profiles for staff
- Encourage collaboration across teams and departments, and engagement on our platform
- In conjunction with other members of the research team, collate resources for social media captions
- Be one of the focal points of communication to the leadership team on all social media-related matters; attend all general meetings when scheduled.
- Support all tasks related to social media as needed
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in one of the following or related fields: Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations
- Minimum of 2-5 years of social media marketing experience
- Experience working for an NGO, research organization, Monitoring and Evaluation and / or donor organizations is preferable
- International experience (working in various countries within and outside the continent, in-person or remotely) is desirable
- Ability to develop well written and engaging content (posters, articles, captions etc.) is essential
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office is essential
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills are essential
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content is essential
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot, as well as using creative programs such as Canva and Adobe Suite is preferable
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention is preferable
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach is preferable
- Professional certification in Google Analytics is desirable
- Excellent multitasking, autonomy, creative thinking and problem-solving, teamwork and good time management skills is desirable
No telephone inquiries, please. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Manager in the subject line. The deadline for application is the 21st of January 2022.
The Khana Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.