The site reliability engineer will serve as a bridge between development and customer operations teams, enabling the development team to bring new software or new features to production as quickly as possible, while also ensuring an agreed-upon acceptable level of IT operations performance and error risk in line with customer service level agreements. This individual will actively diagnose and manage deployment issues, as well as develop automation and mitigation systems to improve future deployments. This individual will be focused on customers in the Pacific time zone and their working hours will reflect this focus.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Create standards, best practices, and processes to streamline development and ensure consistency, repeatability, and reliable deliverables
- Contribute reliability, monitoring, and consistency updates to the Spruce codebase balancing security, privacy, and customer needs
- Review PRs for conformance to standards
- Develop automated gates for review and quality assurance that catch errors early and make decisions that ensure system resiliency
- Troubleshoot, identify, analyze, and either remedy or document production errors appropriately
- Establish SLAs along with processes and systems to measure, maintain, and budget for system availability and uptime
- Serve as primary on-call resource and scheduler
- Experience with and functional knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with and functional knowledge of mobile app development and processes
- Demonstrated ability to balance reliability with agility and ability to react quickly
- Ability to operate in a high-ambiguity environment with shifting priorities while building bedrock processes
- Strong technical communication skills with ability to tailor to different audiences
- Ability to work core hours in the Pacific time zone (8am to 5pm) as well as availability for evening deployments
- Experience across multiple organizational sizes and types
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.