We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated senior search engineer to join our quickly growing team and make a big impact. As a senior search engineer on the Search & Monitoring team, you’ll work closely with software engineers, product managers, and designers, to ensure that the content available to our customers meets their expectations. You’ll work on major technical projects with large data volumes, lead the building of new features, and help shape our engineering culture and processes. Our engineers are not siloed to any particular part of the application–everyone contributes everywhere. Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, and Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
To be set up for success in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years total professional experience as a software engineer
- Significant experience with Elasticsearch, especially with large data sets
- Experience with various search related tasks, such as indexing and query parsing
- The ability to understand complex domains and define work that consistently delivers value
- A commitment to collaborating closely with other engineers and across functions
If any of the below also describe you, this could be an exciting opportunity:
- Worked on a complex, high-traffic site at a startup or software-as-a-service company, ideally with large amounts of data
- Experience with Python and MySQL (or Postgres)
- Any combination of the following: experience with Celery, Luigi or Airflow, Kafka, AWS, NLP, data model performance tuning, content extraction, application performance tuning
- Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks (like Vue or React) and development patterns
- Interest in journalism, news, media or social media
- Worked in highly collaborative and cross-functional environments.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.