Senior Analyst, Quantitative Modeling
Software & Data
This is an excellent opportunity to join S&P Global as we transform our infrastructure and deliver cloud-based tools to the analytical teams, while also developing your skills and furthering your career as we power the markets of the future.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Develop and maintain nimble, user-friendly quantitative solutions and tools that will be used by credit analysts globally in credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Work together with senior members of Methodologies and Ratings Technology to ensure that our models and tools are reliable, operational, performant, and meet business requirements;
- Create applications and dashboards that utilize models, tools, and data for use across the organization;
- Synthesize and analyze large datasets to derive analytic value and insights for credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Focus on identifying areas for new, creative solutions and continuous improvement;
- Provide insight to the team in solving complex, non-routine problems and tasks;
- Maintain close interaction with analysts, model developers, and subject matter experts to ensure that data analyses and tools effectively inform analytical decisions;
- Work collaboratively with senior model and criteria SMEs within the group;
- Work closely with the Model and Criteria Validation group to ensure a high-quality product;
- Write clear, concise specifications and development documentation to ensure consistent and thorough documentation in accordance with policy and procedures; and Support criteria projects and be an active member of projects including developing tools, testing of new concepts, data gathering, writing, and preparation of materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field;
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of capital markets (preferably Structured Finance), financial instruments with an emphasis on credit risk modeling are preferred;
- Basic understanding of database modeling/design and applications. Knowledge of SQL and experience in databases such as Oracle, Sybase, or Access would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in excel/VBA and programming languages: R/R Shiny (required), Python and C++;
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, and strong verbal skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally; and Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration, and adapting to the needs of a diverse team.
- Masters Degree or advanced degree preferred;
- Knowledge of financial or credit risk modeling preferred;
- Proficiency in R language and the creation of shiny applications and dashboards.
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about credit markets and technical details.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.