This role is for a non-profit organization that invests in young entrepreneurs and small businesses. We empower entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into viable, self- sustaining businesses and we work alongside promising small businesses to help them scale and reach their full potential.
Each program is driven by local staff and private sector experts, resulting in a distinctive focus on commercial solutions and local knowledge. Our customized, best-in-class business support programs feature a mix of skills training, mentorship, and seed funding.
Since our inception, more than 600 young leaders have been trained in business skills and entrepreneurship through participation in our programs. Many of the start-ups formed or incubated through us have secured additional investment and gone on to win other start-up competitions.
- Leads Program safeguarding strategies, policies, and efforts
- Conducts safeguarding risk and gender assessment and implements needed actions to eliminate or mitigate risk on program participants, implementors and partners
- Develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies and policies to safeguard our program participants
- Consistently reviews current practices and policies, against best practice safeguarding trends and champions necessary program adjustments to support program diversity and safeguarding goals
- Maintains knowledge of safeguarding and diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices
- Implements safeguarding protocols to ensure a safe and emotionally healthy program environment.
- Evaluates effectiveness of program safeguarding systems and recommends needed actions aimed at helping the program maintain best practice safeguarding measures and deter violations of safeguarding rules
- Assesses effectiveness of security and surveillance systems at all implementing locations and takes necessary actions
- Trains program implementers and participants on safeguarding, program safety, reporting procedure and other relevant topics
- Monitors compliance with safeguarding procedures
- Develop and implement customized safeguarding plan for each program wing
- Develop biannual safeguarding report and advise supervisor on program safeguarding status
Qualifications and Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 7-years progressive work in developing solutions and implementing strategies with focus on safeguarding efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as strong business acumen
- Advanced competencies at developing safeguarding frameworks, models, policies, tools, and capabilities
- Capable influencer with ability to persuade others as well as strong people management and collaboration skills
- Organized, high-energy individual capable of working in a complex, fast paced and fluid environment; cognizant of when to operate with urgency and/or escalate matters.
- Critical thinker and self-starter who can work proactively to identify key business priorities and work across teams to implement necessary solutions.
- Comfortable with travel and frequent attendance at external meetings
Deadline: 15th October 2021