The Head is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the school. The Head's vision, inspiration, initiative and management are fundamental in creating a climate that enables every member of the school community to flourish.
The Head is responsible for the formulation of the strategic and school development plans, marketing strategies, or significant curriculum or organizational change and recruitment. The Head’s good working relationship with Stakeholders will be essential to the smooth running and development of the school.
The Head will be expected to engage in continuing professional development in order to meet the present and future challenges of the role, and to undertake the process of performance management. The Head is accountable to the School Management Committee and the Board of Directors
Key Managerial and Leadership responsibilities
The Head is responsible for upholding the ethos and values of the school, ensuring children enjoy their learning in a safe environment.
- Learning and Teaching to encourage learning to be at the core of all activities related to the school to determine, implement and monitor appropriate academic, pastoral, moral and spiritual curricula for the school to monitor and evaluate the quality of learning and teaching in the school, and to put in place appropriate initiatives developments to ensure that the progress of individual pupils is assessed, recorded, reported and supported to ensure that the framework for staff appraisal is conducted in a rigorous manner to encourage all staff to engage in continued professional development to benefit their own learning and to support pupils development
- People to promote the development of an adventurous, supportive and forward looking organization and to maintain and develop the strong sense of community within the school to act as a role model for pupils, appreciating their efforts and supporting their extracurricular activities such as clubs, plays, concerts and matches to inspire, motivate, counsel and, where necessary, to discipline pupils and staff as appropriate to appoint staff who will enrich the pupils’ experience through inspirational teaching and a commitment to extracurricular activity to ensure that proper standards of professional performance are established and maintained to promote, supervise, monitor and review arrangements for the professional development of academic and pastoral staff, including performance management to ensure the pastoral care for pupils is of the highest quality through a focus on the well-being of every child to ensure the maintenance of good order and conduct at all times when pupils are in the care of the school
- Policies/Procedures in co-operation with the School’s Administrator, to formulate, develop and review the overall aims and values of the school and to implement and then monitor the effectiveness of policies and procedures intended to achieve these aims and values to ensure that there is an agreed strategic plan and an agreed school development plan in place at all times to ensure that the school complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- School Development and Promotion to promote a clear sense of vision, direction and intended outcomes in leading and managing the process of both strategic and school development planning to establish effective structures for the smooth running of the school, ensuring that responsibilities are clear but not exclusive to establish, implement and review procedures for the promotion and marketing of the school, encouraging the involvement of the whole staff to recruit, select, admit and retain pupils, seeking to maintain and develop the academic standing of the school, and to increase and sustain a strong pupil base to develop and sustain good relationships with feeder nurseries and senior schools, and to explore positively further co-operation for mutual benefit
- Communications - To establish and maintain excellent communication throughout the school community, internally and externally to build relationships with parents and to ensure excellent communication between the school and the parent body, both individually and collectively to maintain and further develop good relationships and communication within and beyond the school community in order to promote an understanding of and support for the aims, values and performance of the school to develop appropriate links with the media, local business and other relevant networks to enhance the reputation of the school to develop and maintain contacts with other Heads and their schools, professional associations and other appropriate bodies, for the benefit of the school
- Resources to plan, manage, allocate and account for the human, financial and material resources of the school to ensure jointly with the school office and Finance Director that there are clearly understood procedures for setting and controlling financial budgets and deciding which it is appropriate to delegate to make arrangements jointly with the SLT to ensure that school property, buildings, grounds and equipment are used properly, safely, efficiently and effectively
- Health and Safety to ensure jointly with the Health and Safety Committee that the School Health and Safety Policy is promulgated and properly administered to ensure the School’s Child Protection Policy is promulgated and properly administered, including Safer Recruitment and other staff training, and that safeguarding arrangements are subject to constant review and evaluation.
- Accountability - The Head will report to the Director of the School on agreed upon period and to the Board on Termly basis, regarding key areas of the schools provision and performance. The Head will work with the Management team to develop and sustain excellence in all areas of the education offered by the school. The Head will undertake appraisal annually.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Must have knowledge in the New Curriculum with a least 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Education: Bachelors/Masters Degree in Education.
- The person must be capable of managing a school.
Location: Jamasi – Asante, Ghana
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com with the phrase Yonso Project Model School Principal Post in the subject line.
The Yonso Project Model School adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.