Department: Sales and Communications D0204
Location: Ghana - Accra
Reports to: Supervisor, Sales Strategy Ghana
Position Responsibilities and Expectations
You will get involved in overseeing event administration such as handling incoming queries and creating and maintaining Event support documentation. You will also investigate new and exciting ideas for upcoming Events and Vacations as well as network to stay in touch with the trends and innovation in the Events industry.
You will manage Members Online Access to submit online meetings to my Herbalife Events and Promotions page and accept Calendar events from members
- Assisting with the planning, organizing and/or coordinating of Distributor and staff logistics for all Events (involving groups of up to 5,000 people)
- With the support of the Sales Strategy & Support Supervisor, compile RFP documents (Request for Proposal) for Event-related services including Special Events, Transportation and Ground Services. Prepare RFP review documents and establish sound relationships with Events suppliers.
- Compilation of staff and distributor rooming lists and transportation schedules, venue and catering riders. Category budget management and reconciliation of each.
- Compilation of internal event communications including Contact Lists and On-Site Event binders
- Creation and maintenance of Event support documentation ie: contact lists, agendas and on-site working manuals for the Events Team
- Creating and maintaining an on-line ‘Events’ folder including supplier information, key contacts, vendor information, Event statistics and information.
- Assistance with venue research and site selection, preparation of PPT presentation documents and detailed research on support information ie: flight costs, frequency and timings, climate, visa requirements, currency etc for inclusion in presentations.
- Researching new and exciting ideas for upcoming events, including attending Events exhibitions with team colleagues to keep on top of what’s on-trend and innovative in the Events industry.
- Providing support with internal and DS facing Event calls including comprehensive call notes
- Sourcing of giveaways and deliverables for Events
- Placing product orders for each Event and coordinating shipping, distribution on-site and return
- Supporting the Events Team with TAFs, travel arrangements, flight bookings, transfers and hotel accommodations
- Create online profiles as requested by members for online events and promotions page.
- Maintain database for members requests and acknowledgements.
- Accept and push members events live on my Herbalife events admin.
- Manage the execution of all pre-event requirement to ensure a successful virtual event
- 1st Degree level
- Masters Degree in Marketing or Project management is an added advantage
- Previous experience in event management (involving large groups of multi-national delegates – minimum 2 years)
- Working with the regional and international team
Essential Technical Skills
- Good PC skills (MS Office essential)
- Event planning, activation and post-event activities, follow-ups, reporting
Essential Soft Skills
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Flexible to work outside working hours
- Proven budget management experience
- Effective communicator (verbally and in writing)
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
Additional Experience (but not essential):
- Fluent in additional languages highly desirable
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be prepared to travel (including at weekends and occasionally at short notice)
- The role involves some evening/weekend work, so the candidate must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Fluent in English (additional languages highly desirable)
Light:Office work, some lifting, considerable walking
- Office is clean, orderly, properly lit and ventilated
- Noise levels are considered low to moderate