Creative & Design
KB3D is seeking a 3D Modeler to join our growing global team and help make our mission a reality. In this role, you will work alongside our talented team of concept artists, modelers, and texture artists to further our mission to enable and inspire the creators of the virtual frontier. You’ll be responsible for translating 2D concepts into beautiful 3D assets as well as receiving artistic feedback from the Asset Supervisor and other senior artists, working together to make each product better than the last. You will report to the Head of Kits, ensuring all projects are completed within specifications and on budget. As our ideal candidate, creating striking and efficient 3D assets is your primary area of focus, drawing on your experience in the video game industry. You are extremely proficient with 3D software and enjoy the challenge of working on a wide range of genres and projects. You consistently find ways to improve your skills and help your teammates. You have strong technical skills and an excellent eye for design, balance, and composition. You communicate effectively with your supervisors, team, and other departments across the company. You are organized, efficient, creative, open-minded, and excited to be a part of an unstoppable team
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
What You'll Contribute
- 3D modeling: Translate concept art into realistic 3D assets with clean geometry, efficient poly use, and a high level of detail.
- UV unwrapping: Unwrap the models you create to be non-overlapping with consistent texel density.
- Rendering: Render beautiful still images of the assets you create for visual approval and marketing use.
- Scene handoffs: Prepare and break apart the assets you create in a logical manner, with standard naming conventions and clean scene files.
- Evolve the pipeline: Follow our current KitBash3D modeling guidelines and pipeline and contribute feedback regarding how we can make it better.
What You Bring to the Team
- 2-3 years of experience creating high-quality 3D models for video games, VFX, or related industries
- Proficiency with either 3DS Max, Maya, or Blender
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in 3D modeling, specifically for environments and props
- A comprehensive understanding of Non-Overlapping UVs for game engines
- Ability to deliver clean, organized work while still within our technical specifications
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Conversationally fluent in English with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Highly accountable - we believe that taking ownership is the key to succeeding as a team, and we hope you do too!
- Strong collaboration skills, you are a team player who shares the wins and supports your team members through challenges
- Appetite for start-up culture
- A self-starter who is highly organized - you love to crush deadlines
- An eye for fine details - must be observant, accurate, and precise
- Passionate about personal development and growth, you get excited about new challenges and solving problems
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.