Senior Backend Engineer (PHP)
Engineering & Technology
You are a skilled developer that pays attention to every detail of the user experience and code. You like working with data and you are not afraid of having to deal with tables with millions of rows. You have experience working with event-based architecture, subscription lifecycle processors and 3rd party integrations. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
What You’ll Do
- Build features, APIs, and services across our entire stack
- Improve our integrations in partnership with our data team
- Help your teammates with system design and code reviews.
- Develop awesome marketing tools that help us personalize Chess.com for our members
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Good eye to spot bugs and suggest improvements in code reviews
- Experience with Amplitude or other event tracking systems
- 5+ years PHP experience (Symfony preferred)
- Excellent understanding of software design and architectural patterns
- Experience with SQL schema design and query optimization
- Experience with across programming softwares such as MySQL, Git & GitHub, Doctrine, Redis, PHPUnit/PHPSpec, Resque, and Development VMs: Vagrant/VirtualBox
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.