- Work independently and in partnership with the medical and nursing staff to facilitate patient care and management in the OPD department:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate required patient care under the guidance of the Medical Director and clinical team.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Prepare rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies, and ensure that stocks of supplies are maintained.
- Maintain effective relationships between the multi-disciplinary team in the clinical environment:
- Maintain continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Keep accurate, timely, and comprehensive records of patient care.
- Support clinical team by triaging patient problems pro-actively and assisting in the evaluation of symptoms and initiation of interventions
- Communicate effectively with patients/relatives, ensuring all clinical needs are met in a courteous, helpful, and compassionate way.
- Ensure patient safety at all times. Safeguard against errors by following set the facilities protocols and Ensure procedures, with the knowledge that complex regimens of potentially lethal drugs are being employed in a variety of treatment settings.
- Bring to the attention of management areas where these can be improved.
- Improve professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Customer Service around Patient Care
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patients and patient-related issues.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills appropriate to the age, type, and developmental level of patients
- Treat all patients, visitors, and staff members consistently, fairly, and with respect.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills to provide support for patient needs. Communicate information requiring action by another member of the health care team.
- Ensure personal appearance and self-presentation is clean, neat, and within the clinic dress code, and always wear current hospital identification.
- Willingly accept appropriate assignments.
Qualifications Required and Experiences
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of working experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing of an approved University.
- License/Certification: Certified Nursing Officer by the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Ghana
- Candidate must be ready to learn and familiarize themselves with working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to work in a team
If you fulfill the above requirements please send an application letter and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) addressed to the Human Resource Manager email@example.com indicating the Job Title as the subject.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.