- Provide Music and Entertainment at Events
- Create Playlist
- Use Visual Effects Equipment
- Interact with Guests
- A good ear for rhythm.
- A sense of timing.
- Good inter-personal skills to assist networking.
- The stamina and energy to motivate people.
- The ability to manage business accounts.
- Technical ability.
- Creative talent for mixing music together.
- Highly organized music libraries that allow easy access to files.
- Knows how to set the tone for the environment.
- Varies the pace to get the most out of the dance floor.
- Unique mixing style appropriate for the genre and audience.
- Knows how to read a crowd and play the music accordingly.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Mobile DJ Skills and Qualifications
- Computer skills – able to use software and an audio interface to transmit signals to mobile devices, computers, and PA systems
- Technical skills - must know how to set up various types of audio-visual equipment
- Physical fitness – lifting and carrying large speakers and consoles, standing, and even dancing for long periods of time call for physical strength and stamina
- Communication skills – being outgoing and able to converse and interact with a diverse population is critical for mobile DJs, who use strong interpersonal and communication skills to speak to large crowds and provide entertainment
- Self-motivated – the ability to work without supervision to bring entertainment to any type of gathering is a must in this profession
- Customer service – ensuring that clients are satisfied with all of the entertainment aspects of their event or party is a major responsibility of a mobile DJ
- Creativity – mobile DJs must be innovative and creative to sustain a party atmosphere and keep guests engaged and entertained.
Tools of the Trade
Mobile DJs should be adept at using the following:
- Media players
- Speaker systems
- Karaoke machines
- Light systems
- Fog machines
Mobile DJ Salary and Outlook: Subjected to Negotiations.
Location: Nsawam, Near Nsawam Prison Gate