- Undertake the efficient collection and processing of specimens using SOPs together with specialist knowledge concerning various pathological specimens;
- Perform tests and procedures as laid down in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Use the microscope and other automated equipment to carry out assays and understand the significance and implications of the results obtained.
- Carry out appropriate tests to identify micro-organisms and carry out appropriate antimicrobial sensitivity tests;
- Carry out appropriate quality checks as required and complete quality record sheets as required.
- Exercise a personal duty of care maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities in good order.
- Accurately and safely use and carry out routine maintenance and performance checks on all equipment with minimal supervision and document and report faults to Unit Supervisor.
- Use laboratory computer system to: Input requests and match patient records as appropriate. Input results and generate printed reports in accordance with authorized protocols.
- Undertake any other duties or responsibilities as may be directed by the head of the facility.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HND /Diploma/Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- 2 - 5 years working experience
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team of health workers in the facility.
- Ability to work with other Laboratory staff and maintain effective communication with colleagues and other professional groups and clients.