Develop, manage, and empower 5 to 8 engineers, creating a productive, thriving, fast-paced + high-quality delivery, engineering culture.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Things you will do:
Develop, manage, and empower 5 to 8 engineers, creating a productive, thriving, fast-paced + high-quality delivery, engineering culture, focusing on:
- Build a development plan for each of the team members
- Identify and lead activities to ensure the individuals are engaged and motivated.
- Attract, retain and develop talent.
- Prove yourself as an inclusive and effective communicator.
- Build up predictability and pace of delivery by implementing a consistent method of continuous improvement.
- Active participations in discussions with Product Managers to refine and gather requirements
- Transforming requirements into plans that may have a need for coordination with other disciplines and teams.
- Design and build solutions that are scalable, resilient and easy to maintain, reusing existing solutions where possible.
- Identify and continuously improve the metrics that are impacting the team, internal and external customers.
- Track progress and performance based on data
- Best practices:
- Proficient within your discipline and ability to teach others
- Actively communicate technical aspects to different audiences
- Anticipate risks, technical gaps and look around the corners
- Some teams will also have the need for deep understanding of the domain.
What you already bring to the table:
- A strong understanding of how to drive a thriving Engineering culture, with a track record of managing at 1-2 teams of 5-8 engineers each or 1 cross-domain team of the same size.
- Broad hands-on experience with front-end and backend technologies.
- Proven track record of working with long-lived cloud-based products where effective management of legacy code was also required.
- Experience managing engineering teams across multiple geographies.
- Experience in coaching and developing teams career wise.
- Able to balance bottom-up contributions to architectural improvement with the practical needs of a rapidly scaling business.
- Able to build a justifiable resourcing plan based on product and architecture roadmaps.
- Possesses practical experience and tools to drive accountability and predictability for the business in roadmaps.
- Able to partner with Product Management to break down large, complex projects into multiple teams with rapid iterative milestones and clear outcomes, to produce a predictable product and engineering roadmaps.
- Demonstrates to proactively manage projects from start to finish.
- Able to ensure the correct software development process is in place and followed according to industry best practice and the needs of our organization.
- Has broad best-practices experience (process methodologies, disciplines, visualization techniques etc) and demonstrates to adapt as the industry evolves.
- Data driven approach to decision making.
- Have a strong business understanding of how tech companies work, ideally SaaS ones.
- Mastery of the English language.
- Have outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills, especially with respect to clearly communicating complex data-driven topics.
- Able to keep the Director of Engineering and executive team informed, connected and engaged with Engineering priorities and challenges.
- Able to drive sustainable growth of the Engineering organization, finding, retaining and developing top talent.
- Able to implement evaluation criteria and career planning for engineers which address a healthy mix of technical & leadership skills.
- Can represent Typeform and build trusting relationships where needed with customers, partners, vendors and the technical community.
- Experience with any of Go, React, NodeJS, Python and with both relational and NoSQL Databases.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Has gone through the migration of a monolithic application to a microservice based architecture. Can effectively compare and contrast these different approaches.
- Experience with different organization and team topologies, from startups to bigger organizations. Proven track record of being an active agent in scaling an organization.
- Entrepreneurial and/or innovation driven experience.
- Have an advanced degree (Master’s, Ph.D.) in Computer Science or similar.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.