SOC Analyst (LegalOps)
We’re looking for inspired and motivated technical contributors to join the DigitalOcean team as Security Operations Analyst II. In this role, you will be a key member of DigitalOcean’s security team, reporting to the Manager of Legal Operations inside a virtual SOC. You will improve the security posture of DigitalOcean both reactively and proactively, as well as handling incidents and making the internet a safer place. Security Operations Analysts must excel at identifying risks, building tactical and strategic mitigation plans, and eliminating bad actors inside the DigitalOcean platform.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Developing and owning processes that enforce DigitalOcean's Acceptable Use Policy, which includes incoming reports of copyright, trademark, privacy, data protection, child safety, and various government and regulatory compliance issues.
- Vetting legal claims, content disputes, and takedown requests by responding to reporters and helping good customers get back on the platform.
- Handling customer investigations and triaging corporate alerts, in a customer-facing and transparent manner, to minimize the impact of bad actors on the internet.
- Working with domestic and foreign governments to ensure court orders, subpoenas, and customer data requests are legally sufficient, have proper jurisdiction, and safeguard customer privacy.
- Locating trends in content abuse, communicating with leadership to apprise the extent of issues, and advocating for appropriate product changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Designing and executing department-wide projects that improve the efficiency and quality of work, while reducing legal risk for the company.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Law Enforcement Response, Emergency Response, Compliance, Privacy, or Risk Management.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Subject matter expertise in Law Enforcement Response or intellectual property law, with working knowledge of process, policies, courts, and customer impact.
- Strong analytical skills to determine legal sufficiency, validate claims, spot malicious customer patterns, identify patent trolls, and help customers remove any offending content in an expeditious manner.
- A forward looking perspective on problem solving, tackling each setback with a degree of creativity that uses previous internal/external approaches as a data point, not a rulebook.
- The Intellectual Curiosity and Self-Motivation to perform complex tasks, remain optimistic and passionate about overcoming security obstacles at scale in both reactive and proactive situations.
- A high degree of curiosity and aptitude, with a clear passion for security and the desire to keep our employees, customers, and the internet safe.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills to include; technical writing, presenting, coaching, mentoring.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.