As a UI/UX Designer, you'll be working closely with our product and engineering teams to design an enterprise web application and intuitive interfaces for features found in online marketplaces, data analytics, and dashboards.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you'll be working closely with our product and engineering teams to design and improve on our core product and implement growth strategies to widen our user base. You'll be:
- Designing and improving everything from end-to-end user flows to visual optimizations for specific features.
- Implementing both high-fidelity prototypes and low-fidelity wireframes.
- Working with engineers to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation.
- Working with external and internal (CEO, CTO, community team) stakeholders to identify and prioritize user needs.
- Conducting user testing and assimilating customer feedback.
- Planning and conducting user research and interviews.
- Motivating design-oriented decisions and standards firm-wide.
Our core products are an API service and an enterprise web application. Here are some key highlights of our product strategy:
- Product-led growth with low touch sales. We rely on product features like referrals, team invites and self-signup process instead of a traditional sales pipeline to scale our user base.
- Enterprise-grade, consumer-scale product. (Like Slack or GitHub.) Our competitors adopt a traditional enterprise SaaS strategy, opting to hide their product behind a "request for quote/demo" and employing a high touch onboarding process with big sales teams. We believe we can outpace their growth by targeting the same enterprises with an institutional-grade product that instead has the ease of adoption and transparency of a consumer product.
- Targeting a developer-centric user base. (Like AWS, Stripe or Plaid.) We pursue the exponential effect of providing products that enable developers to build an ecosystem of other products and tools.
- Fast iteration. With multiple deployments per day.
- Putting product needs before technical limitations. We have great engineers who will walk over hot coals to actualize difficult product requirements.
What makes being a UI/UX designer at Databento exciting
- You'll impact high-level product decisions as well as shape product design culture. As one of our initial design hires, you will largely influence the product design culture and help set the stage for our product's growth. As such, we value designers who take initiative and can design with ambiguity, and can contribute feedback on how to improve our design processes.
- We're focused on product-led growth, not sales-led growth. We resonate with the pain that design is less prioritized in many enterprise products. At Databento, our product is the central driver of growth, and you'll be at the center of developing our product experience. Not only are our founders always raising the bar of our product's design quality, but our engineers, who usually fall into target user profile, contribute to advocating for and improving user experience.
- You'll receive timely compensation rewards that reflect your impact Here, we believe in giving kudos when it's due. We measure your value based on your work and direct contributions you put in, and reward frequently and accordingly when it comes to pay and promotions. Additionally, we offer competitive base pay that is comparable to other top tech companies.
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX Designer or Product Designer.
- Proficiency with design tools (Figma, Adobe).
- Experience collaborating with engineers and other designers.
- Experience performing user research, user flow mapping and presenting options to stakeholders.
- Understanding of color theory, typography, interaction design, motion principles and visual hierarchy.
- Keen eye for design improvements and visual detail.
- A strong portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in a design or technical field, such as HCI, Design or Information Architecture.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.