The Senior Professional Development Advisor will have overall responsibility for managing and providing quality assurance for professional development initiatives under SAGES. This will be accomplished by working with relevant MOE and GES authorities, and stakeholder groups, to plan and implement professional development initiatives to enable staff in the education sector to acquire skills and knowledge required for their jobs. The Advisor will work in partnership with project leadership work closely with national and sub-national education actors, especially the MoE and GES, on delivery and content for events designed to support professional development and capacity building efforts for MOE and GES staff. S/he will consult and work closely with government entities at national and district levels to plan, manage, and as needed facilitate, professional development at national and decentralized levels. S/he will build relationships at all levels of the education system and support the planning and management of activities designed to improve capacity-building in staff management and accountability. The work of the Advisor will require close collaboration with the Government of Government of Ghana, implementing partners, and key stakeholders.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
Responsibilities (jointly or in close collaboration with, MOE and GES):
- Lead in the design and manage MOE and GES staff needs assessments (key staff will be targeted for support at local, sub-national and national levels)
- Support design and implementation of professional development activities including coaching/mentoring programs, experiential and on-the-job training, peer-learning opportunities, and curation of online resources for professional development
- Write or adapt orientation and training modules for education management and supervision, tailored to needs of audience
- Provide support to MOE and GES to develop systems for professional development, including descriptions of staff competency requirements at different levels of the system and detailing associated training needs
- Assure professional development programming includes high quality opportunities to develop knowledge and skills in relevant cross-cutting areas such as safeguarding, inclusion of children with disabilities, gender, safe schools, social-emotional learning, etc.
- Work with the Education Capacity Development Expert and Education Systems Strengthening Expert to ensure PD efforts of local and national institutions are coordinated, especially in relation to standards for quality and sustainability of professional development efforts
- Advise on design and content, and contribute to a set of tools and resources to support the training and supervision of school staff (head teachers, teachers, and others)
- Contribute to the budget, staff supervision, program implementation, and provide additional technical assistance as required
- Provide leadership, capacity building and support to collaborating government partners and program staff
- Contribute to defining program’s strategic direction, including evaluating and improving the effectiveness of programs
- Develop and contribute to technical reports
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulation
- A minimum of a master’s degree in one of the following or related fields required: education, education planning, education policy, elementary education, education management instructional systems design or other relevant field
- 12 years of relevant experience required, five of which must be in development programs.
- Experience and expertise with professional development program design and implementation, capacity building of managerial, supervisory and teaching staff; active learning methods
- Experience with instructional techniques at the primary grade level, either as a teacher or closely related primary grade program implementation experience
- Experience liaising with MOE and GES leadership and technical staff to ensure that project activities are aligned with MOE priorities, and that the MOE/GES has technical and process support in their leadership of activities,
- Experience providing technical assistance to support institutional and individual capacity development at national and sub-national levels preferred
Interested candidates may submit CV/resume and cover letter, including salary requirements by following the below application instructions.
1. Go to https://www.fhi360.org/careers,
2. Click on Search Jobs, and search for the position numbers assigned to each position,
3. Create an account and follow the application instructions.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.