A project accountant is a type of accountant who is primarily responsible for overseeing the financial aspects of a project as it progresses. Some common project accountant tasks include analyzing and approving outgoing expenses, issuing bills and collecting payments from clients and working with auditors.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Managing the general ledger to ensure accuracy and support timely preparation of financial reports
- Track and monitor all project costs to ensure they remain within budget and flag any potential cost overruns
- Liaise with delivery and sales teams and maintain up-to-date inventory listing and movement schedules.
- Assist with day-to-day finance requirements, including but not limited to liquidity and treasury planning as well as forecasting to ensure sufficient cash flow at all times, banking relationships, regulatory and tax authorities among others
- Assist with establishing and enhancing systems and procedures to improve internal controls for financial reporting, procurement and related management processes
- Ensure preparation and timely filing of SSNITs & Tax returns
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and substantiation templates for review by Finance Manager
- Support monthly preparation of management report, analysis and variance reporting
- Support financial controller in tax planning and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations
- Support routine & annual statutory and financial audits
- Assist with the preparation of annual Financial Statements and assist with Group Consolidation to ensure completeness and compliance with IFRS
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and business plans
- Working closely with the Finance Manager and finance analyst on ad hoc financial analysis and specific reporting required by group, boards and shareholders.
Hard Skills and Experience:
- Holder, Bsc Business Administration -Accounting Option or related
- Financial modelling and scenario analysis
- 2-3 years related experience
- Ability to perform basic consolidate financial statements
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and accounting software QuickBooks or Tally
- Experience in real estate or construction industry is a plus
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgement;
- Team player but comfortable to work anonymously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Hands-on and ready to roll-up the sleeve
- Rigorous and organized;
- High energy
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Attractive
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.