- Oversee and supervise employees and all activities of the procurement department.
- Draft new policies and review existing procurement procedures
- Prepare plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Follow and enforce the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Review, compare, analyze and approve products and services to be purchased.
- Manage inventories and maintain accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintain good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Research and evaluate prospective suppliers.
- Prepare monthly budgets, cost analyses and reports to the COO
- Any other duties assigned
Qualificatication and Requirements
- Extensive experience working in the procurement department in a related field
- Masters degree in purchasing management preferred
- 7-10 years experience
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to travel to meet with suppliers and work overtime as required