- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Qualification and Requirements
- Must be a Graduate (preferably in Science)
- Diploma in Supply Chain/procurement preferred
- A Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position, preferably a manufacturing unit.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word is a MUST. Knowledge of using other computer programs desired.
- Candidates with past exposure to buying of stores, spares, consumables, and lubricants will be preferred.