Legal & Compliance Intern
You will be part of our Legal & Compliance team where you will be immersed in the world of healthcare technology and its impact on millions of lives.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
The fundamentals for the job…
- Support our Legal & Compliance team in day-to-day operations and matters as needed.
- Conduct research, identify, and analyze state and federal laws, regulations, guidelines, and other requirements applicable to Abarca.
- Under the supervision of licensed attorneys, you’ll perform functions typical of an in-house counsel including:
- Providing support relating to vendor contract management including, but not limited to, keeping an up-to-date registry of Abarca’s vendor contracts.
- Review and analysis of state legislative requirements related to PBM licensing and registration and supporting the application or renewal process.
- Create materials for educational series related to Legal Department services.
- Evaluate day-to-day consultations received from business units and interact with other departments for problem-solving.
- You’ll assist the team in projects, tasks, and meetings related to Regulatory Compliance, specifically:
- Regulatory requirements (including but not limited to Medicare Part-D, CMS Regulations, Medicaid, and state regulatory and legislative requirements).
- Analysis and implementation of proposed or final CMS Rules.
- HIPAA and privacy requirements.
What we expect of you:
The bold requirements…
- Current and active student (Junior or Senior year) and enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree in health services administration, public health, law, or health care related field preferred.
- Corporate related or paralegal experience preferred.
- Desire to learn a lot and acquire as much experience as possible.
- Proactive, hands-on approach.
- You are methodical and have awesome attention to detail.
- You have great planning abilities.
- Computer proficiency, knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Internet experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.