In-House Legal Intern
NinjaHoldings is seeking a legal intern who will report directly to the Corporate Counsel. This paid role offers a unique opportunity to gain practical in-house legal experience and learn about state and federal regulations governing consumer financial services. By the end of the summer, our legal intern will have a better understanding of the role of an in-house generalist, a working familiarity with the consumer financial services industry, and transferable skills useful for a future in-house or private practice role.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
- Focus on vendor contract review (e.g., NDAs) and intellectual property matters; liaise with other internal departments and outside counsel
- Research state-specific law and produce state law surveys on requested topics
- Assist in obtaining and renewing supervised lending licenses and submitting corporate filings (e.g., annual reports, qualifications, and assumed-name registrations)
- Review, analyze, and respond to consumer complaints with appropriate internal follow-up for any necessary remediation
- Assist in other special projects, as needed, which may include: responding to regulatory requests, assisting with corporate immigration matters, helping to managing active litigation matters
- Currently enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
- Strong grammar, writing, research, and analysis skills; advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and WestLaw/LexisNexis
- Organized, able to manage multiple concurrent assignments, and conscious of strict deadlines and confidentiality requirements
- Entering 3L year in the fall of 2023
- Professional interest in consumer financial services and/or corporate in-house work
- Intellectually curious, team-minded, and eager to learn
- Comfortable speaking and presenting in front of large groups
- A self-starter who is not afraid to reach out to ask questions and engage in order to get the most out of the internship
- Please submit a cover letter highlighting any relevant experience or coursework, what you’d like to learn at NinjaHoldings, and a thoughtful question or comment about any area of our business (see www.ninjaholdings.com)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.