Remote editors are responsible for editing the work of Eleven writers and ensuring that articles conform to client expectations and guidelines. This includes making direct edits and providing constructive feedback to writers via written or verbal communication, as appropriate. A successful remote editor has excellent attention to detail, highly developed writing & communication skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
Responsibilities and Duties
- Edit articles for the following types of issues:
- User intent: Content is relevant and to the point; answers the user’s question
- Clarity, Cohesion & Coherence: Information is presented clearly, logically, with sufficient level of detail
- Technical: Grammar, punctuation, typos, spelling, capitalization, etc.
- Readability & Style: Concision, momentum, and flow.
- Stylesheet & Template: All guidelines in the stylesheet and template have been correctly applied.
- Provide constructive feedback to writers via in-text comments, Slack message, or video call, as appropriate, and in line with Eleven best practices.
- Provide feedback on writer performance in the Writers Feedback Hub.
- Consistently meet deadlines and minimum weekly output for articles and revisions
- Conduct calls with writers when necessary, for instance, if it would be easier or better to discuss certain issues in this way.
- Answer Slack messages from writers and project managers etc.
- Watch relevant Slack channels for notifications and updates.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Native-level English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or editing qualifications & 3+ years’ editing experience
- 1+ years of editing experience in online publishing
- Outstanding editing skills and a desire to continuously improve your craft
- Ability to closely follow & apply style guidelines and client briefings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SEO writing knowledge and/or experience
- Familiarity with a range of online article formats and styles, such as blogs posts, software/product reviews, feature articles, technical guides, and how-to articles
- Versatility in adapting tone and style in line with target audience
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to writers to help them improve their work and meet client expectations
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to show initiative and be proactive in seeking solutions
- Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback
- Strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- Resourcefulness and proactivity in seeking solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable using collaboration software (i.e., Google Workspace; Slack)
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience or higher
- Proofreading, copy-editing, or other editing qualifications
- Knowledge of tech, finance or business & marketing industries
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.