Commercial Legal Director
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic attorney and people manager to join our Commercial & Global Business Operations (GBO) Legal Team. You will lead our commercial legal team in EMEA, responsible for providing all aspects of commercial legal support to our fast-growing EMEA business. You will be a trusted advisor to our Head of Sales for EMEA, and will work with other business and legal leaders both in EMEA and globally as we collaboratively shape our efforts to expand our business operations in EMEA and accelerate our customers' journey to the cloud. Are you a curious and forward-looking leader, excited to build for the future and effect change, while at the same time growing your and your teams' careers? Then this might be the role for you!
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:12 years
What you'll do:
- Lead the EMEA-based Enterprise Sales and International Operations Legal team in the provision of practical and business-oriented legal advice for all commercial related matters, including management of operations and support of all commercial transactions in the EMEA region.
- Be a business partner to the Head of Sales for EMEA, and contribute as a member of both broader Legal team and the extended EMEA leadership team.
- Collaborate with the broader Legal team and an array of business leaders to plan and accomplish the EMEA growth and business strategy, along with strategic programs that help our EMEA customers accelerate their successful journey to the cloud.
- Develop and implement a strategy for delivering efficient, scalable legal support across all of Atlassian's commercial operations in EMEA.
- Hire, manage, develop, and lead a growing and geographically dispersed team of talented and motivated legal professionals.
- Support compliance in our daily activities in EMEA.
- Budget management, goal setting, and data collection and analytics related to the delivery of legal support in EMEA.
- 12+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, with at least five years practicing as an in-house lawyer.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of legal professionals.
- Deep subject matter expertise in the current laws and regulatory requirements applicable to software and cloud service providers operating in EMEA.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial and contract law based on working in a law firm or in-house on complex technology transactions. Experience in other legal fields like corporate, tax, employment, intellectual property, anti-corruption, privacy and data protection law are a benefit.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment, with remote, global, and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, and influencing skills, and expert knowledge across many commercial contracting matters.
- You have a collaborative and inclusive mindset, value diverse perspectives, and are experienced in bringing people together to drive positive change. You like to try new things.
- You have excellent business sense and judgment, and operate with the highest integrity.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.