- Maintain a healthy and growing personal spiritual life and lead children to do the same.
- Provide pastoral care to children and their families: Praying, visiting, coaching, discipline
- Maintain consistent and regular communication with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership for their children
- Be attentive to the hopes, concerns, and needs of children in the church community to determine how the congregation might serve them and their families and how they might serve one another as Christian disciples and good neighbors
- Advocate for the safety of children in all aspects of the ministry of the congregation.
- Raise awareness in the congregation of children’s needs and the need for ministries for children in the community and the world.
- Assure safe sanctuary policies and procedures are in place to keep all children and the adults who work with them are safe
- Monitor the physical environment of the children’s area for safety
- Create a system for recruiting, training, and empowering volunteer leaders
- Lead a team that develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing ministry for children
- Recruit, train, screen, supervise and support volunteers in all aspects of children’s ministry; including planning agendas and presiding at children’s ministry meetings
- Work with volunteers throughout the year to develop children’s programs
- Create and maintain a children’s ministry calendar of all events and activities
- Continue to increase knowledge of curriculum and other resources available for children in order to help teachers and group leaders select appropriate resources for study and growth
- Evaluate age-appropriate program materials, equipment, supplies, and space for children’s ministry Administrative
- Maintain updated information of all children in ministry (and visitors) including but not limited to allergies, contact information, and special needs
- Provide Sunday morning children’s programming during services, between services, and any special services
- Coordinate church events for children and families
- Connect children’s ministry to the overall mission, vision, and goals of the congregation
- Work with others, especially church staff and leaders, to plan and carry out ministry with children in varied and wide-ranging programs that include worship, study, fellowship, and service opportunities
- Develop and manage the children’s ministry budget
- Must display a genuine interest in responding to the hopes of children and families in the community
- Must possess a minimum of 2-3 years working experience in children's ministry.
- Must demonstrate evidence of passion for children’s ministry
- Must have demonstrable effective ministry leadership
- Must possess keen listening skills and effectively communicate with people of all ages
- Must be skilled in planning and implementing ministry
- Should have the ability to delegate responsibility, work well with others, and ensure completion of tasks.
- Training in Christian Education, Early Childhood Education, or Child Development would be an added advantage but not a priority
- Possess an understanding of child development and evidence of active and growing discipleship
Salary: Gh 3000- Gh 3500
Interested persons should forward their CVs and applications to email@example.com
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.