This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Data Engineer II, joining our Data team, composed of Data Analysts and Data Engineers. We support the decision making and operational reporting needs by being able to translate data into actionable insights to non-data professionals at Remote. We’re mainly using SQL, Python, Meltano, Airflow, Redshift, Metabase and Retool.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
What this job can offer you
- Playing a key role in Data Platform Development & Maintenance:
- Managing and maintaining the organization's data platform, ensuring its stability, scalability, and performance.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to understand their data requirements and optimize data storage and access, while protecting data integrity and privacy.
- Development and testing architectures that enable data extraction and transformation to serve business needs.
- Improving further our Data Pipeline & Monitoring Systems:
- Designing, developing, and deploying efficient Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) processes to acquire and integrate data from various sources into the data platform.
- Identifying, evaluating, and implementing tools and technologies to improve ELT pipeline performance and reliability.
- Ensuring data quality and consistency by implementing data validation and cleansing techniques.
- Implementing monitoring solutions to track the health and performance of data pipelines and identify and resolve issues proactively.
- Conducting regular performance tuning and optimization of data pipelines to meet SLAs and scalability requirements.
- Dig deep into DBT Modelling:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining DBT (Data Build Tool) models for data transformation and analysis.
- Collaboration with Data Analysts to understand their reporting and analysis needs and translate them into DBT models, making sure they respect internal conventions and best practices.
- Driving our Culture of Documentation:
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation, including data dictionaries, process flows, and architectural diagrams.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Data Analysts, SREs (Site Reliability Engineers) and Software Engineers, to understand their data requirements and deliver effective data solutions.
- Sharing knowledge and offer mentorship, providing guidance and advice to peers and colleagues, creating an environment that empowers collective growth
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering; high-growth tech company experience is a plus
- Strong experience with building data extraction/transformation pipelines (e.g. Meltano, Airbyte) and orchestration platforms (e.g. Airflow)
- Strong experience in working with SQL, data warehouses (e.g. Redshift) and data transformation workflows (e.g. dbt)
- Solid experience using CI/CD (e.g. Gitlab, Github, Jenkins)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Metabase) is considered a plus
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- You have strong collaboration skills and enjoy mentoring
- You are a kind, empathetic, and patient person
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.