- Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead and or provide technical support in gender-sensitive planning, analysis/assessments; training, and dialogue sessions.
- Ensure compliance with gender-specific programmatic requirements
- Analyze and ensure gender equity promotion integration in project activities/interventions
- Advice and support project team in the implementation of key gender components across projects.
- Monitor and report on project-related gender issues.
- Recruit, train, and support the Gender Model Families (GMFs) across project districts/communities
- Organize, train and support Peer-to-Peer gender equality and positive masculinity to champion GMF principles among men and boys in their communities.
- Facilitate gender equality dialogue sessions related to women’s economic empowerment and leadership in project communities
- Organize GMF summits highlighting successes and sharing experiences.
- Responsible for efficient and accountable management of resources allocated for gender equity.
- Work with the communication team to collect and disseminate gender-related success stories and results
- Lead and or support in writing stories and articles on gender equity related issues for publication (website, newsletter, blogs, etc)
- Lead and or assist in the development of concept notes, project documents and policy frameworks and research related to gender.
- Support in project design/developments as they relate to gender equality issues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree (desirable) or bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Development studies, and/or other related fields of study.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years (master’s degree) or 5 (five) years (bachelor’s degree) practical / professional experience in the realm of Gender equity promotion, gender programming, mainstreaming approaches and skills in undertaking gender analysis.
- Solid understanding of gender related issues and solid training / capacity building experience, particularly using participatory approaches/methods for training on different components of gender programming;
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Able to work with a team, adaptable and output-oriented
- Knowledge of at least one local language in northern Ghana will be an asset.