Partner Finance Manager
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Our client is seeking candidates for the role of Partner Finance Manager for the SAGES project in the Upper West Region. The Finance Manager will provide overall financial and accounting Leadership to the SAGEs project in the Upper West Region. His/her responsibilities include monitoring project finances, preparing weekly cash requests, reviewing, and posting transactions, preparing project budgets, managing financial reporting to donor and partners, ensuring adherence to funder rules and regulations, coordinating with CARE Ghana Finance on financial information required on the project, and acting as a resource for project staff on finance-related issues. Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Provides leadership and support for all project financial management areas including, accounting, payments, reporting systems and procedures.
- Directs and manages the SAGEs Activity project budget in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitors the expenditures on an on-going basis.
- Oversees the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports and other reports required by USAID and CARE Ghana.
- Review all financial transactions and reports before escalation to the next level.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate financial resources to support monthly project operations.
- Ensures all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by USAID.
- Coordinates with related staff to ensure that project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively.
- Review and approve the termination payment for all Field Office staff.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory institutions, consultants, management, and staff.
- Provides support to the internal and external audit functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or USAID Funded Project a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field is required
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
- Good budgeting and financial management skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities in financial management expertise
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of professionals and organizations.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via ATS with “Partner Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Submission deadline is Sunday, 14 May 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
We operate a zero tolerance for fraud and corruption. We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.