- Provide expert corporate/ commercial legal advice for the company’s operations.
- Ensure legal compliance of business decisions, processes, and documentation.
- Perform due diligence, review various real estate documents, including ground leases and title deeds with a high level of detail.
- Draft review and track all contracts, agreements, settlements, and other legal instruments as required by the business.
- Interact with members of the legal department and other internal and external customers to support timely completion of tasks.
- Prepare correspondence to and from regulatory authorities and attend meetings with regulators, as necessary.
- Conduct training on American Tower Policies including Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, OFAC and FCPA
- Review and advise on HR matters.
- Liaise with external counsel to manage the litigation process.
- Work hand in hand with the legal and regulatory outsourced partners to ensure that they are providing the services required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of corporate/ commercial law principles
- Knowledge of land law principles, including title and legal document requirements.
- Experience in legal document drafting.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- 7-8 years minimum call to Ghana Bar, (UK/US Bar Qualification if applicable)
- Experience corporate law practice an advantage.
- Litigation experiences an advantage.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levels of employees throughout the ATC Ghana organization and American Tower organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong follow-up skills: ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed-upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high-quality solutions.
- Apply the skill and knowledge required for the position to produce good quality work.
- Demonstrate effective time management.