Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall guidance, leadership, and strategic direction in the executing of the Company’s accounting function and activities
- Co-ordinates and supervises the day-to-day activities of the finance function and ensure alignment with the company’s goals and objectives
- Prepares periodic finance-related reports to the management, board of directors and, stakeholders such as lenders, and ensures that the statements reflect the Company’s financial position and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and relevant accounting standards
- Ensures the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, procedures, and processes in line with leading practices and accounting standards
- Develops effective financial controls and ensure compliance
- Manages interface between the Company and external auditors to ensure that the Company’s financial statements audits are completed on time
- Manages interface between the Company, its lenders and shareholders on all financial matters
- Ensures compliance with the Project’s Finance Documents, regularly updating the Project’s financial model, and issuing compliance certificates
- Ensures that the financial information systems technology infrastructure supports the Company objectives, and is well integrated into the financial management and controls
- Manages the preparation of financial reports, budgets, cost reports and financial outlooks and forecasts on a regular basis
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance or another relevant subject area. A Masters’ degree and professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a managerial position in Finance Department especially in port operation
- An extensive experience in setting-up and managing a finance and accounting function, including finance and accounting standards and practices, international and local tax & regulatory frameworks
- Hands on experience in financial planning and analysis
- Extensive experience in reporting requirements and managing international project finance loans
- Must have a professional finance qualification such as Certified Financial Analyst, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local reporting standards
- Strong professional ethics, accountability and dependability
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- A good experience in ports and/or infrastructure-related projects
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership, influencing as well as negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Must have good presentation skills and have very excellent Microsoft suite skills.
Qualified interested candidates for any of these positions should send emails with their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to:
Premium Advisors Executive Search & Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate the Position you are applying for in the Subject of the email.
Closing Date for submission is 23 rd June, 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.