- Providing Legal and regulatory advisory and support on all matters relating to the daily operations of affiliated companies.
- Undertaking company secretarial duties.
- Monitoring and coordinating compliance activities of affiliated companies.
- Conduct legal research and draft legal opinions.
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing of Commercial Agreements
- Drafting of Sub-distributorship agreements/key Distributorship agreements/General Terms and Conditions.
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing third-party/service contracts.
- Drafting collateral documentation for customers/sub-distributors/key accounts
- Providing legal assistance to the Finance Department on all matters relating to financial and security documentation for financial services (i.e. facilities, guarantees etc)
- Undertaking all required registration and re-registration with relevant statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Legal endorsement/certification of all company and employee personal documentation ( official/personal uses)
- Attending court on behalf of the company in all pending litigation
- Liaising with external counsels/prosecutors on pending litigation
- Overseeing all correspondence (oral/written) with third parties, statutory/regulatory bodies on legal matters.
- Liaising/supervising in-house head of security on debt collection and related matters.
- Liaising and assisting the Police during criminal investigations and prosecutions(watching brief).
- Providing legal assistance on all property-related matters ( negotiations on property transactions: tenancies, lease renewals, sale & purchases)
- Reviewing and drafting of all land documentation
- Providing legal support to HR: In-house disciplinary hearings; CBA Negotiations; meeting with the various Trade Unions; overseeing all correspondence with Unions, statutory and regulatory bodies etc.
- Representing the Company at hearings of Public Regulatory bodies.
- Providing ongoing functional support and commercial input to all departments to minimize risks and ensure legal compliance.
- Managing company documentation in conjunction with Head of Administration.
- Providing legal advice and support on the formulation, implementation and amendment of the Companies’ policies and regulations.
- Advising management on developments in the law and its impact on the operations of the companies.
- All other requests from the CEO and GMs of affiliated companies.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience