We work to get farmers out of poverty. That’s our dream. We want to see Africa feeding the world in our lifetimes and its farmers to become the guardians of one of humanity’s most precious resources: the soil. We design and sell regenerative farming inputs as a service. With this, farmers are able to grow exponentially their incomes, improve their quality of life and develop a stronger tie to their lands. We worked with a thousand farmers and generated a very solid proof of concept. Now we aim high- we want one million farmers adopting our services within a decade.
Warc has humble beginnings. We did not learn how to run a business from a book; we have real, tangible experience. Warc’s revenue has grown 50x over the last 4 years and our goal is to triple it within the next 18 months. We began with a $30,000 investment from our founders and rapidly scaled up to raise over $5,000,000 in equity, debt, and grants from an angel, government, and institutional investors.
Warc’s headquarters are in Sierra Leone, but we’ve rapidly established ourselves in Ghana. We are a dynamic team of 150 employees from 16 different countries, all dreamers, all doers. We’re now more than 25 in Ghana and we operate in West Africa, with established agricultural production and consulting operations in Sierra Leone and Ghana. In the next decade, we ambition to be present across West Africa. Help us do it!
About the Job
Great candidates want to make an impact, and they don’t shy away from challenges!
With Warc’s decentralized offices, it is expedient that all office centers are run with great professionalism, skills and co-ordination. You are required to contribute to the broader vision of Warc by handling this important role.
This role is specifically for a Farm Administrative Assistant to be based in our farm location in Akokua, in the Bono East Region of Ghana. You will work directly with our Procurement Manager in Accra and our Farm Administration Supervisor. You’ll get to spend your days between the office, our 1000+ acre farm and neighboring towns and villages.
The main responsibilities of the Farm Administrative Assistant include:
- Assisting in ensuring the right procurement process of Warc.
- Bridging the gap between procurement in Accra and at the Farm level.
- Working closely with the Farm Administration Supervisor in executing administrative roles at the farm level.
- Leading the day-to-day stock and inventory management.
- Leading the purchases at the farm level.
Qualifications and Requirements
Warc is excited to have a driven, talented, confident and hardworking person join our team. We can teach many of the technical skills, but it is very important for the person to have a strong interest in technology, agriculture, and rural development in order to succeed in this role. A suitable candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Willingness to work in a start-up environment – The ability to see what problem needs to be solved, and being the one to make it happen
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to relate with indigenes in a very rough and unfriendly environment (Essential!)
- Good bargaining skills (Essential!)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team player
- Speaks fluent Twi and English
- Flexibility and ability to work without constant supervision - The drive, confidence, and creativity to get the job done
- Experience or interest in working in a highly cross-cultural environment
- Ability to live in remote areas
- Some experience and knowledge of reporting and computer literacy
Based in Akokua (Bono East District), Ghana
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.