- Display and maintain excellent culinary technical skills
- Provide leadership in organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Participate in the drafting of concept ideas and menus for all special events and functions while encouraging all staff to put forward their ideas and utilizing them wherever practical.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Superior and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current, and guest-focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH and policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH and guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health, and safety legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid, and fire, and emergency procedures, and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
Qualification Required and Experience
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; Minimum 5 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Min 5 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- A culinary degree is preferred
- Minimum five years related experience in upscale, high volume restaurant and/or catering operations
- Must have good food knowledge and recognition of quality product
- Strong knowledge of current food and catering trends with a focus on using seasonal ingredients, production, sanitation, food cost controls, menu development and presentation
- International experience is a plus
- Al la carte experience is preferred
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment: English – excellent oral skills