The University of Ghana School of Law, supported by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ), is putting in place a virtual learning environment and e-learning management system to deliver a series of virtual training sessions and learning database. In connection with this task, the School of Law is recruiting an E-learning Consultant to choose and implement a virtual learning environment and e-learning management system for technology-enhanced learning. The E-learning Consultant will also be in charge of uploading and managing the content of the learning environment.
The E-learning Consultant will provide support for the enhancement of learning and student experience through the facilitation of innovation, creativity and knowledge transfer with regard to e-learning. The E-learning Consultant will also be responsible for liaising with other sections of the University, to gain an understanding of university-wide guidelines and relevant developments.
The E-learning Consultant will work closely with the School’s Dean, the Principal Investigator, Technical Lead of the Project, and the Faculty ICT lead.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Advise the School in choosing and implementing a virtual learning environment, for running trainings and for technology-enhanced learning.
- Advise on the utilization of existing university-wide e-learning management systems for the project, or on the interfacing of any alternative e-learning management system to existing university-wide e-learning management systems.
- Gather information and course elements from project team, internal departments, SMEs (subject matter experts), research institutions, and others.
- Develop and design learning material, coordinate, and review educational content, and incorporate current technology in developing specific eLearning curricula.
- Lead efforts for the creation of digital content from the conversion of existing learning materials as advised by lecturers and trainers
- Support the deployment of learning programs including uploading and updating courseware and curricula, training assignments, learner notification text and rules in e-learning management system.
- Utilize knowledge of e-learning management system capabilities to recommend delivery strategies that yield a rich, meaningful, and dynamic end-user experience.
- Utilize e-learning management system reporting capabilities and developing custom reports to assist with planning and managing the company’s training and development initiatives.
- Manage eLearning content from vendors to ensure it is compatible with the e-learning management system.
- Work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Designers, and programmers to support eLearning content requirements.
- Run demos of the system and provide training to individuals and users groups.
- Ensure that participants are registered for Education and Training events and performs reconciliation function with university-wide Learning Management system as needed
- Coordinate and conduct the webinars using Zoom or similar programs and upload recordings into the e-learning management system.
- Facilitate live and recorded learning, and upload content to the e-learning management system
- Liaise with Library and other academic departments to ensure an integrated approach to the School’s e-learning practice.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in training, education, and/or multimedia training materials development.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of training or developing others; preferably students or academics
- Have a thorough and contemporary understanding of e-learning
- Have a thorough grasp of instructional design practice relating to academic environments and technology-based learning
- Experience of working within the Higher Education sector desirable
- Evidence of working on own initiative, with a proactive approach desirable
- Evidence of effective project management and working to achieve results;
- Evidence of innovative application of e-learning technologies preferred
- Experience in managing the development and implementation of one or more large software projects within an educational environment desirable
- Excellent computing and technology application skills
- Substantial experience of using a VLE
- Experience of administering a VLE
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to persuade colleagues to use new technology.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels (managers, academics, administrative colleagues and technical colleagues).
- Ability to develop good working relationships across the School and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of strategic aims and objectives of institution/School
- Ability to quickly assimilate information on, and learn how to use, new technologies
- Ability to interpret and apply complex information
- Competent, conscientious and motivated with a methodical approach to work
- Adaptable and flexible in tasks undertaken, with the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Problem solving ability
- Customer focused, with proven ability in improving customer service
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams
An application package containing the following (to be uploaded as one file):
- Cover letter with brief description (no longer than 1 page) of why the candidate considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment; and
- Personal CV, indicating all experience from similar projects and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to), as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references.
- Confirm availability and flexibility to take on short-term assignments on an as-needed basis.
- Candidates are invited to submit as part of their application, a financial proposal specifying an all-inclusive daily fee (based on a 7-hour working day - lunch time is not included - and estimated 21 days per month).
- The financial proposal must be all-inclusive and take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract.
All Applications and Financial Proposal should be submitted to email: email@example.com no later than Midnight (GMT) 26 November 2020.
The email should have as its subject “E-Learning Consultant”
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.