Inclusion Ghana (IG) is the peak network
organization working for the inclusion of persons with intellectual and
developmental disability (PWIDDs) and their families in Ghana by advocating for
their rights. It was founded in 2009 and is a member of Inclusion Africa,
Inclusion International and Down Syndrome International. In December 2014, Inclusion
Ghana became a full member of the Ghana Federation of Disability Organizations
(GFD), and collaborates fully with other disability organizations in Ghana and
beyond the borders of Ghana.
Inclusion Ghana’s 4-year strategic plan expired in December 2018, and seeks to develop a new 5-year strategic plan, based on reflection of the previous plan, to guide the direction of the organization towards achieving its objectives in relation to persons with intellectual and developmental disability in Ghana. Hence, IG is looking for an individual or organization with proven record to facilitate the development of a 5-year Strategic Plan (2020-2024).
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Consultant will report to the National Coordinator of Inclusion Ghana.
The Consultant is expected to:
- Review IG’s strategic plan (2015-2018), related documents and engage key staff of the IG Secretariat to assess the extent of achievements of strategic objectives as well as key issues relating to none achievement of objectives, so as to provide insight into the new strategic plan
- Facilitate a 2-day workshop of representatives of IG to solicit inputs to aid the development of a 5-year strategic plan (2020-2024) for IG
- Prepare a draft 5-year strategic plan, incorporating inputs from workshop of IG representatives, and submit copy to IG Secretariat for review
- Meet with key staff of IG Secretariat to validate the draft 5-year strategic plan
- Submit the final version of the 5-year Strategic Plan (2020-2024) to the National Coordinator of IG
The Consultant is expected to successfully undertake this assignment within 4 weeks of signing contract to undertake the assignment.
The lead Consultant
- must have at least 10 years relevant, demonstrated experience of supporting non-profit or similar organizations to develop strategic plans;
- should have experience of facilitating stakeholder consultation workshops to solicit for inputs;
- hold a minimum of Masters Degree in relevant subject area, with 3 or more years of post-graduation work;
- be fluent in English language (both oral and written) and oral Twi language.
Interested persons should submit a brief expression of interest detailing the approach to successfully undertake the assignment, workplan and include a breakdown of consultancy fee, to firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) weeks of the date of publication of advert/ToR.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.