Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide stewardship of the company’s assets and ensure that the company conducts itself in accordance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the company in developing its strategy, obtaining the required resources, and delivering its strategic objectives sustainably.
- Ensure a good balance in the management of short-term concerns and pressures, such as managing cash, liquidity, and profitability, and long-term vision and sustainable organizational success.
- Fulfil good stewardship responsibilities by ensuring effective compliance and control, and responding to new regulatory developments, including financial reporting capital requirements and corporate responsibility.
- Ensure that the Finance function supports the business at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Drive and manage financial change and innovation within the organization.
- Engage and communicate effectively with colleagues, investors, customers, suppliers, regulators, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate an environment for, and influence management team to uphold an overall focus on creating and maintaining sustainable value for shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain relationships with various stakeholder; including the external auditor, investors and analysts, banks, regulators, government, industry, and trade groups.
- Support the CEO with the responsibility of driving the corporate strategy.
- Work as a strategist to ensure the sustainability of financial health of the Company
- Pacilitate an effective governance, including risk management and internal control, that supports the company in achieving its objectives.
- Spearhead the financial planning and analysis, organizational reporting and transparency, and tax and treasury activities of the Company.
- Facilitate the sustainable creation of value by helping to ensure that the company incorporates or integrates economic, environmental, and social factors at all levels of decision making and reporting.
- Develop an effective talent recruitment and management strategy to attract, develop, and retain finance talent and the skillsets required to support the stewardship and business partnership responsibilities.
- Spearhead all M&A and capital market financing strategies of the company and also support other long-term investment activities.
- Stimulate and drive the business profitability sustenance initiatives as well as revenue maximization and cost minimization initiatives of the company.
- Create an environment for employees and other stakeholders, such as suppliers and customers, to be able to understand and share the vision and aspirations of the company.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced managerial, interpersonal and leadership skills with the capacity to motivate and inspire colleagues, team members and external stakeholders.
- Proven senior stakeholder management experience.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting or finance. MBA or similar postgraduate qualification highly desirable along with port industry experience.
- Membership of a recognized chartered accountant or certified public accountant body. A professional Finance Qualification such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management and financial accounting at senior managerial level. Demonstrated ability to be P&L accountable.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in working at strategic decision-making level with superior analytical capability and communication style.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with a commitment to the delivery of quality business outcomes and teamwork.
- A good experience in ports and/or infrastructure related projects
- Must be an effective and influential communicator and negotiator
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including communication, strategic thinking, change management, emotional intelligence, analytical problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ethical leadership and business integrity
- Objectivity in operations and conduct
- Professional competence and due care'Confidentiality, Professional behaviour and professionalism
- Strength of character, personality, and intellect
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.